Map of East Renfrewshire
Because of its high quality, this map of East Renfrewshire makes it easy for any traveller to plan his trip and to find the quickest, most convenient route to travel to and within the province, regardless of the mean of transportation used (car hire service, personal car, train or bus).This map of East Renfrewshire not only gives accurate information about the major cities in the province, their surroundings and the routes that connect them, but it also helps you choose the strategic locations where to make hotel reservations and that are close to the tourist sights you want to visit. See the map of East Renfrewshire below for further information.
East Renfrewshire is counted as one of the 32 unitary council areas of Scotland. It was in 1996 that this local authority was formed.
Its earliest inhabitants were mainly Irish who although were surrounded by a vast farmland, preferred to be employed at the paper mill just close to river cart. The Maxwells, is a wealthy family who owned numerous farmlands and dealt construction business extensively with Glasgow. The lands were then called Lee and later renamed as Netherlee had been divided into districts in 1678 when John Maxwell was proven to have been a supporter of the covenanting cause. This left him no choice but to send his workers to the West Indies as slaves.
The village of Clarkston was the last one to be put up in 1793, yet it is now the busiest among the contemporary districts. Its quick growth can mostly be attributed to the sudden influx of workers from Giffnock Quarries when the two sites were connected through a railroad in 1866. In the 20th century, the gradual expansions continued until a disaster fell upon the hub of Clarkston shopping area in 1971, killing 20 people and wounding more than a hundred.
East Renfrewshire is a true leader in education. The St. Mark’s RC Primary in Barrhead got the top spot as the school in Scotland with the most ‘excellents’ in 2007. The second spot was also taken by a school in East Renfrewshire. However, its reputation for quality schools dwindled in 2011. The decision of East Renfrewshire council to close Robslee Primary School to give way to Our Lady of The Missions Primary School didn’t sit well with the locals. It was faced with intense oppositions.